Thursday, December 14, 2006

Shopping - Xmas Boxes - Messing About

This apparent 'wide-angle' shot of the winter-flowering jasmine was achieved by the Bob brain-wave of collaging 2 pictures (which in Picasa produces a collage of 4 and then cropping the bottom 2 away. It seems like a most useful notion, the only problem being that the end result has a very low pixel count. I couldn't get the sparrows to pose and I guess they are all in there glaring out.

Picture 2 simply demanded admission. Sometimes Matt gets a little too close for comfort I think. This is a good example.

This morning I nipped out to do some shopping and got some pretty boxes of continental choccie-biccies from Lidl. Then delivered them to the ladies in the Pharmacy, and the chaps at the Garage. I will deliver to the Surgery on Monday. The postman was 'sorted' two days ago, but his wasn't choccies; it folded. And we know it's appreciated because he will bring our bin down from the gate (unasked) if it's still there, and one day came back in his own car to deliver my blood-book.

It does sound is if Bob has got his Blog going and I actually read a post and looked at a picture this morning. But he claims he doesn't have a 'dashboard'. The dashboard is more important than a steering wheel and only slightly less important than the brakes in my opinion. But I'm sure he will get there.

Forty winks calls because I want to be in top gear, if not overdrive, for this evenings competition at EPS. My pictures look good to me. And as I used to be an official photographic judge on the East Midlands circuit, my opinion is worthy. Or used to be 10+ years ago. Perhaps they won't be modern enough.


Catch you later................

2 comments:

bungus said...

Your collage seems remarkably seamless. Well done. Glad to have made a useful discovery, although I have little doubt that someone else thought of it first and it will only have occasional, but perhaps vital, application.

I think Matt’s cartoon is very unkind. Don’t I? Who said that?

Since Newark & Sherwood introduced their two-bin system, old fogeys have been able to have theirs fetched from the top of the drive and brought back up again. I opted for it almost straight away simply to avoid the need to remember which bin's turn it is (and having got it wrong a couple of times). The silver recycling bin is seldom near full (although it will be after the Boxing Day family unwrapping ceremony) but the green one struggles to go four weeks and in summer a fortnight is plenty anyway. The bin men will be here at about 6.30 to 7.00 in the morning so it is unlikely that I shall be up in time to give them a well-deserved Xmas Box.
Following a mental chain … somebody was complaining in the Dukeries Advertiser last week about the use of ‘Xmas’ instead of ‘Christmas’. It used to irritate me too, until I found that ‘X’ is pronounced ‘Christ’ and may also be used, for instance, in ‘Xianity’.

I despair of the blog. None of the onscreen suggestions or instructions I get make sense to me and I can’t make it work. In a car, the steering wheel is fairly obvious, and so is the dashboard. But if somebody removed the steering wheel and hid it where you couldn’t find it (or locked it in the boot without telling you and threw away the key) what would you do then, hey? I think get there! How would you get there then, I ask?

If I didn’t know you were speaking tongue-in-cheek, I would say that the only possible way your photos could fail to gain approbation would be because of your worrying lack of self confidence! I hope they do well; I wouldn’t want you to ‘get the monk on;’ as they say around here (but not in Mansfield, unless it is recently, ie, in the last fifty years).

bungus said...

But I did manage to attach my comment using my 'blogger display name' and my 'email address' and 'password'
Ain't it a bogger?