Sunday, December 17, 2006

Cold but Pleasant - Another Rest Day

n.b. As the 'word verification' system for people's 'comments' continues to be a problem, I have abandoned it for a trial period.

A cold but pleasant rest-day but not without interest.

The NARPO secretary circulated an e-mail warning of a method used by people who hi-jack your car. I duly circulated it to family and friends only to learn from Caroline who is a Moderator on WebUser forums that it is a hoax e-mail that has been d0ing the rounds for a couple of years.

Red-face at Radiogandy Mansions and I have re-circulated everyone explaining the position.

For lunch I cooked the remaining half of our Saulmon au Provence with Jamie Oliver type crispy potatoes, baked-courgettes and peas. And Y had had the presence of mind to take out of the freezer some delicious fruit fancies for pudding which needed several hours at room temperature. Super meal. After my afternoon nap we watched Waldemar Januszczak's 2 hr programme about Toulouse-Lautrec which we had recorded. Good stuff, and it was nice being able to zoom through the adverts. Waldemar is an excellent reporter but he has the irritating habit of being filmed while walking with his back to the camera, and talking to the viewer over his shoulder. He must think it makes good television. It doesn't ! We learnt alot though, and that is what matters.

Picture 1 is Santa's 'Brinsley representative' on a sleigh he had borrowed from Santa's headquarters.

Unfortunately I couldn't dash to the gate quickly enough to get a good photograph. But I quite like the psychedelic lights and the overall effect, so I decided to publish it.

While I was out of the front door I thought a quickie of the Pyracantha taken with flash would save the photo-opportunity from being wasted. As you will previously have noticed, I love the way that, at night, the limited reach of the flash, blacks out the background for you. And now that I've discovered how to switch on the focus-assist light, my task is so much easier. At the moment it is necessary for me to carry the Nikon D80 instruction manual ar0und with me. But I shall master its intricacies eventually.

It's been good following the cookery-slot and David said this morning that he had been tempted to pop in his ten pennorth but then decided against it. Shame. They had had a great time at Carsington where the boat is moored. A kids' Christmas Party had been organised and another of Santa's local representatives had arrived, laden with bags and bags of presents, by boat!! You can't fault Santa for lack of ingenuity can you?

.... Going to read a magazine now. And I dont read that fast. That's 'thumbing through'. Catch you tomorrow............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that meran that I cannot comment?

Anonymous said...

Obviously it does not meran that!

What was the purpose of it in the first place?