Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yvonne's Burton Joyce day - Quite mild



When I went to get the eggs I decided to try a snapshot of the chickens. Just for the record and to show Ruby and Elli where their lovely boiled eggs originate. I had walked from the car a few feet to the fence, to take the photograph on the right, when the very self-important and possessive cockerel marched up and fixed me with his beady eye - photo on the left. I assured him that I meant no harm and had no designs on his harem. But he remained unconvinced.

Today was Burton Joyce day for Yvonne and she went a bit earlier because things are a little different. It is Miles's first week at full-time school so Yvonne's role was to look after Millicent to make Sainsburies easier for Lisa. Steve's been doing the shopping but he really is so busy. Millicent was good for 3 aisles before she started screaming and Yvonne had to hold her. But she is such a cute little girl that fellow shoppers all wanted to chat to her anyway. Yvonne and Lisa managed a nice relaxing chat at lunchtime and then it was almost time to collect Hannah and Miles. They didn't have as long with Yvonne as they are used to but we all have to adapt to change. She will be tired out tomorrow, as usual, but she loves it so. I collected her at the normal time and we discussed the Halifax's trick of producing a potential buyer out of a hat, at the last minute, as Burchell Edwards predicted they would. But, as said 'potential buyer' was also looking at bungalows on Wyndsmoor Road (where the prices are on average £40.000 less) we are not taking it seriously and won't permit the viewing.

Had some good email content from Bob, about the Blog, and I'm trying to persuade him to enter his comments in the 'comments facility' in the Blog itself so that they are there for posterity. For instance, his stuff about the 'sausages' is too good to just be a transient comment. I exchanged some usefull messages with 'The Fat Controller' (WUforums) about photographs, photo-realism and painting. His Cafeteria picture was excellent and put me in mind of Peter Blake's 'Shop Window'.

Still having computer problems but I seem to have fixed my Walagata, which I wasn't able to access. In the end they 'repaired' my account and sent me a new password and now all seems to be well. And I was certainly not alone because Ray reports similar problems. I have discovered with 'blogger' that it is better to upload 1 picture (small) and then, as a separate job, upload no.2 (also small). It doesn't like you to upload two medium sized pictures at the same time. If you then need to adjust the size and placement of the pictures, it's happy for you to do that.

Karen showed me how to get rid of the old-fashioned tape-recorder icon that was stuck on my mobile. Apparently you press 1 and then the green button to access answerphone messages. I did that and, fortunately the message was unimportant and when I had listened to it and closed, the icon vanished.

That's it for today. An early night is called for so I will prepare my tray, listen to some radio and prepare for bed. By the way, although this will show a certain time at the bottom that's when I started it, not when I finished it. It is in fact just after 9pm

No comments: