Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday 13th April 06 - Very windy

The final picture from the 'jaunt'. Honest.

This is the famous Boston Stump which is the largest parish church in the country. It's tower is visible from many miles away across the flatness of fenland Lincolnshire.

I managed to Blog the picture without too much trouble with converging-verticals. What you can do these days with a fairly basic compact digital camera is sometimes astonishing. Particularly when coupled with Google's free image-manipulator Picasa.

Today, I have been ordered back to bed by Yvonne due to my excessively swollen ankles. The cause, she is convinced is 'doing too much' and 'driving too far without a break'. She is probably right on both counts. But we had such a lot of fun, it was worth it !

The birds were pleased I was back. I put them out fresh fat-balls and topped-up the various feeders and, of course, the birdbath. Before I got as far as the kitchen door they were bang at them. Led by the Great Tits and the Robin.

The weather has been pretty awful again. Quite warm, reaching 13c around noon but the wind has been frighteningly strong. Not much to blog today. I need to be up-and-about by the weekend because Debra and family are up from London. I never know whether or not it's up or down? People tend to say going Up to London I guess. But it isn't very important either way. Exchanged emails with Bob about the phrase 'up before sparrowfart' meaning very early in the morning. He had spotted it in a Poem written in 1994 but I thought that Private Eye had coined the phrase 2 decades earlier. Somebody will kow the answer.

Fairly short Blog today because I am still fairly whacked. But at least I'm up-to-date now. Just WUforums to tackle which will have very high numbers in red. I shall just have to be selective. Posted by Picasa

No comments: