Saturday, April 22, 2006

Grey Start but finished up lovely




Just as I hoped he would, John sent me these super pictures of the Millau Viaduct, designed by our own British architect Norman Foster and opened in 2004. Apparently, breathtaking in it's beauty, John says that the photographs don't do it justice. They seem pretty good to me. The upright bits are higher than the Eiffel Tower. John and Yvonne went in the Campervan rather than the Merc (which I thought they would favour). Nice to have such classy choices !! I would love to see this bridge for myself and Yvonne is game, so perhaps next year when we are over the hump of this house-move.

Steve and I did some more fine-tuning of the webcam programme and by lessening the picture quality to 'lowest' we maximised the 'refresh rate', which has the effect of reducing the lip-sync problem to negligible. The incoming picture is only around 3" x 3" so a slight 'blockiness' is not noticeable and the monitor picture is about half of that. After messing about with that, I nipped up to the egg-man and got some very freshly laid eggs, because I have promised to do Yorkshire puddings, with sausages etc., for tomorrow lunch. The Yorkshires are Miles's favourite and the rich yolks of the free-range eggs really make them special. I will also do loads of carrots (for Hannah) and buckets of gravy (for Tracy). a courgette (for Yvonne) and brocolli (everyone's favourite). I know it doesn't sound like a real Sunday Dinner but one has to try and please everybody. Then we are going to have Jelly and Icecream which will suit all.

In the afternoon we went to pick Hannah up to take her to Tracy's where she is going to have a sleep-over and Yvonne is staying too. We had gammon and veg and then I drove back while it was still light. When I rang to say I was home, they were playing Monopoly after we had all played I-Spy and Charades. I managed to 'get' some and also to 'do' some - not easy when one's knowledge of modern songs and TV shows is so rusty. One of the stories I acted out was 'Little Red Riding Hood' which Grandma got on the 3rd word which I was pleased about because I hadn't worked out how to do 'Hood'. Great fun.

Leter on Tracy rang to say that she had installed the additional 'sonic cat repellers' which were my Birthday present to her. As she says, the neighbour's wretched cats won't dare to come out of their own house let alone into hers. Seriously - we are not catophobes (nice word - I've just invented it) but those cats have been a real pain. And so many of them. Another good eBay experience. I only bought them at 8.35pm on 19th April (one can be so precise with internet shopping) and they arrived this morning and are working perfectly.

When I got home I sorted out John's pictures and did my Blog. I think I'll leave emails till the morning.

No comments: