Monday, April 17, 2006

Bank Holiday Monday - Changeable Weather

A very 'blocky' robin I'm afraid, but trying to upload it as a straight picture would'nt work. The only way it would work was via the 'Blog This' command which I suspect as not designed for the purpose. The robin was on the bird-bath when I went to top up the feeders and the look in his eye said. "I'm not moving. And anyway why are you so late with those feeders?" I decided against even trying to find a suitable reply. Probably a lady robin !

We had a nice restful child-free day but Yvonne is done for, high blood=pressure, achy-muscles, neck-ache etc., but she will insist on carrying babies around, and playing on the floor. Bless her ! While she can - it's worth a couple of days recuperation. I nipped out and did essential shopping while she had a leisurely start - sudoku, crossword etc.. I made carrot & coriander soup for lunch with part-baked rolls. It was a success and we each had 2 portions.

In the afternoon we watched the programme we had recorded about Leonardo's Last Supper. A great little programme and we both learnt so much, as you always seem to from good bits of Television. I went on the 'net' and extended our bungalow quest, to include 2 bedrooms instead of our previous insistance on 3. It was one of Yvonne's bright ideas that, with the price dfference, we could have a purpose built 3rd bedroom with en suite facilities for me. I've even said that, if necessary, I would not bother about a garage. No-one else thinks they are important. The resultant increase in the number of properties available, was suprising.

We spent some time going through the photographs from the weekend, deleting lots and improving the rest. Ray told me he had been published in the National Press with the answer to a question about the origin of the 'question-mark'. If he doesn't actually know the answer to something he certainly knows where to find it, which is probably the more important.

It really is amazing. These Hyacinths were a sort of alternative to the Robin and, as I was coming to the end of my Blog for the day - I thought I'll just try to upload them and see what happens. So there you are folks. Two pictures instead of a measly One.

Google Earth wouldn't open for me today. I don't use it much anyway. But I've been advised as to how to overcome the problem. It has been quite warm today but so showery we don't know what any of the children managed to do. We shall find out in due course. Posted by Picasa

No comments: