Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hail - Rain - Shine. And Millicent's Birthday

Terrible morning PCwise. The TrendMicro 'scan' programme didn't reveal any viruses or malware at all except for a few tracking cookies. I was glad about that and duly removed the offending cookies but then, I couldn't get out of the programme. Everything I tried resulted in 'not responding' messages. Cntrl/Alt/Del only resulted in a Task Manager window which said 'not responding'. And all the message boxes sort of 'shimmered' and vibrated. Dont know how I got out in the end. But I did - 50 minutes it took altogether.

David rang just after 9am, while the scan was still running, so I couldn't seek his advice. They have decided to go away for a week; to a Caravan Club site in Staffordshire and it sounds like a good one. A change from their favourite Carsington Water. They are all fine. With him going away, and John being in France for the week, we ave decided to have a few days in Lincolshire - based at our much-loved Holbeach and fanning-out from their. The east-coast wont be much fun in this weather, especially with what they laughingly describe in Skegness as a 'sea-breeze' but there is lots of other things to do and see.

By the time I'd managed to shutdown and send a message to Ray it was time to set off for Tracy's where we were going to occupy Hannah and Miles while the adults converged on Burton Joyce to prepare the Party. Tracy had left us a couple of nice Pizzas for lunch and the children were very good. Then they played Twister - a sort of gymnastic-cum-yoga game in which one has to put hands and feet on random places decided by a 'spinner'. I was allowed to be 'spinner' operator! Not too onerous. Then we played cards and finally I-Spy. Always a favourite with all children aged between 4 and 74. I wonder how long it has been a parlour-game in the UK? Probably find some reference to it in Chaucer.

Then we drove over to Burton Joyce and celebrations began in earnest. Lisa had done super food, as always and everyone had a good time. I circulated as best I could - but I really need spots where I can sit down, which isn't always easy at parties. The birthday cake picture at the top is maybe a little out of sequence but the truth is 'I haven't actually worked out how to include them in mid-post'. A little research is called for. I'm way behind with WU stuff, but I have dealt with emails etc. There is no need at all to set-off early in the morning; so packing can wait till tomorrow.

As the heading suggests the day involved nearly everything weatherwise. Lets hope it improves.

No comments: