Thursday, April 13, 2006

Wednesday 12.4.06 - Homeward bound


We decided to take a couple of photographs of the rear-garden of Elloe Lodge and we were lucky with the light. It was a beautiful morning again - particularly after all that rain on Tuesday. It gives you some idea of what a large house it is and how attractive the garden - which guests are allowed to enjoy.

After we'd packed and said bye-bye to the Vaseys (I got a peck-on-the cheek from Gill - it must be due to being such frequent visitors) we decided to have a look in at Boston on our way home. See upper-right. On route we stopped for a coffee-break in what was one of the most awful lay-bys ever. There was litter by the ton, an abandoned caravan and, to add a wry note, on the way out was a notice drawing attention to a £100 fine for leaving litter. Ha Ha Ha! I can't remember where it was, which is perhaps a good thing. Boston is a delightful little town, with it's famous church tower (The Boston Stump) and we arrived on Market day, which was nice because I enjoy markets.

Also on the way home we stopped at the Ollerton Mill Tea Shop which is quite close to Bob and Sandra's. It had won awards for it's cream-teas and was very pleasant indeed. Apparently it is so popular now that you have to book but as there was only two of us they managed to squeeze us in. If we were willing to wait ten minutes, which we were.

After that, a steady run home. It was surprising how things had changed in the garden in only three days. I had loads of emails but I was quite severe and deleted lots unread. People who mattered knew we were away and the rest will just have to carry on with life without my attention. We only fancied something simple for evening meal and settled on beans-on-toast and Yvonne did me 2 german wurstchen with mine. We were trying Aldi baked beans for the first time (on I think Bob's recommendation) and quite apart from being ridiculously cheap, they were in fact delicious.

Managed to sort out most of my Blog. The font I'd done those pages in Word on, was all wrong but, by messing about, I managed to get them looking like the rest. So I am up-to-date blogwise, emailwise, googletalk to Raywise, and everything else - I will catch up with slowly.

No comments: