Sunday, April 16, 2006

Up to date - I think


Sorry about the picture being 'blocky' but I downloaded it off the 'net' and it's entitled to be. The reason for it's inclusion is that David is caravanning in Staffordshire and they visited the Iron Bridge and the Blist Hills Museum. He remembers us going when he was a boy. He rang this morning and we had a super chat. Although he remembers the bridge he says he didn't realise how beautiful the gorge was. Well, you don't do you when you are 12 or something. The Blist Hills Museum is now really good to show children what Victorian life was like. The Chemists Shop and the Dentists and, of course, the Sweet Shop. Apparently you can now visit an old-fashioned Lloyds Bank and change some today-currency for old, which you can then spend in the shops.

What a lovely idea! Although it's important for the girls to know about the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution it's nice to have a fun side to it too, so close by.

Steve has taken the plunge and gone on Googlemail and also installed 'Talk' so we had some useful interchanges. He's got a webcam and no microphone and I've got a microphone and no webcam. I also found out how to introduce an 'avatar' because I'd forgotten how I did mine. A bit of clipart showing a carpenter was easy but in view of his thriving 'doors' business I want an image of a 'boss carpenter'. When I'm wondering what to mess about with in the middle of the night, I'll have a good old trawl. I also had nice comments from Manxislander, about the rainy Hunstanton picture.

Ray's PC is still playing-up and he is so fed up with it he's gone to watch the telly. He sent me a sweet picture of his grandson Dylan, with a short hair style and I sent him one back of Elli watering Tracy's tubs yesterday.

My 'day of rest' has certainly done my ankles good. They are much reduced.

Good fun email exchanges with Bob but our habit of replying by inserting comments can become a bit unmanageable. The ends of lengthy threads with sometimes upwards of 10 replies, can become lost or detached. The we have to start a fresh one.

It's nice to have Yvonne back. I know she has only been away overnight but I like her being here even though I never begrudge her time-with-daughters etc. I'd bought her some perfume whilst away and I was very touched that she liked it so much that she took it to show Tracy. The name 'Very Irresistable' is perhaps not appropriate at out age but it smells great and comes in a very attractive bottle. So there!

No comments: