Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday 18.4.06 Cooler and Showery

Inserting Pictures into one's Blog seems to be playing up again and the only way I could include my friendly Robin was to go back into Picasa and use the 'Blog this' command. At least he isn't too pixellated.



I had decided shortly after a some rain, to take a photo of the magical droplets of water that always collect in the leaf-systems of lupins at this time of year. The only way I could manage it, was to use my garden kneeling-frame with the handles. As I got down and sorted the camera, my 'fearless friend' decided it was something to do with food. So he came to within a foot of me, probably expecting me to turn some soil over. He had no objection to posing for the above. An additional bonus, while I was down there, was the scent of the blue hyacinths I photographed yesterday.

It was nice this morning to have Steve call on 'Talk' and his greeting was just the same as it is on the telephone - "Hello, Good morning" He was at home preparing for a meeting in Cambridge later in the day. We exchanged pleasantries and I noticed that he had changed his avatar to the doors but it is still maybe a bit complex for such a small space. By mid-morning after a long chat Yvonne and I decided to change Estate Agents because we haven't really had much success with the Halifax and use a more local firm Burchell and Edwards. ......Estate Agents deserve their reputation......... ! We found that the Halifax's 'Sole Agency Agreement' requires us to give them 14 days notice, which is fair enough, but that during that time they will not market the property. So. We are off the market for a fortnight, at peak property buying time. Never mind we will get there in the end and the garden gets lovelier by the day, which must be a selling point. We got it all dealt with. Emails, hard-copies delivered and things.

For lunch we had a super shin-beef stew with lovely fresh veg. but we decided to give the dumplings a miss. We have to show willing somehow. In the afternoon I worked on photographs and printed some of Debra's visit. They were fine and Yvonne was very pleased with them.


In the evening we watched Brian Sewell's last episode of The Grand Tour which came to an end in Venice. Very flamboyant but good fund and some super pictures. I know Bob says "Speaking of irritating and pretentious prats..... " But in our opinion he knows his stuff and produces good telly! As my observant readers will no doubt notice, I did, eventually get both the pictures I wanted to load into my Blog post. It's almost like an old-fashioned TV or radio-set that you ad to allow to warm up. Never mind. Patience is a virtue ...blah blah blah !Posted by Picasa

No comments: