Friday, April 21, 2006

Rest Day - Much warmer



These pictures are from David's Staffordshire caravan-holiday which I mentioned a few days ago and they have now returned safe and sound. Apparently the site was fine, except that the shower block was on the other side of the lake. But that wouldn't bother David and Helen who never look for problems where there aren't really any. I can't tell you what the plant is, in the picture on the left, but no doubt somebody will know. The second picture is the old-fashioned bank at the Blist Hills Museum and Sky and Brooke are changing some 2006 money for some old money, to spend in the old-fashioned Sweet Shop and similar places. A great idea and a great place to go - for children of all ages !! It was real nice of David to send me the pictures for inclusion in the Blog because it is designed to be a journal for family and friends and 'contributions will be gratefully received'. I'm very keen for John to send me a picture of the Norman Foster Bridge (from their French Holiday) so that I can Blog it.

We decided to make today predominantly a Rest Day because Yvonne is usually tired after her Burton Joyce activities. But actually she doesn't seem at all bad today. I was tired out following my 'thankfully resolved' eBay dispute but I've soon recovered. Shopping was our first priority and I saw a notice on the pet-shop door (more fat-balls and niger seed for those ravenous birds) which made me realise that the English sense of humour lives on. The notice said :-
"If we notice you smoking in this shop we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action"

Although we are dieting we had Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas for lunch (homemade of course) and Orange Jelly with Mandarin Oranges in it (one of Yvonne's specialities) but I only had tomatoes on unbuttered toast for tea, so I didn't feel too guilty.

Steve and I tried the WebCam again and while we managed a picture and voice, eventually, we are still obviously learning the finer points. I went on my WUforums to ask about the lip-sync problem and Jonny555 said it would probably be due to the 'refresh-rate' of the cameras. That will stand further research by me because I must confess that didn't understand it.

Bob has sent me a great picture of last year's VE day anniversary at Radcliffe-on-Trent which he says I can Blog. Which will give me pleasure. I won't describe it and risk spoling it's dramatic entrance. He also said would I mind him using one of the Hunstanton pictures in one of his humourous pieces in his magazine Roundabout which he publishes. Don't mind at all Bob - flattered, that's what !

No comments: