Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lovely morning - Grass a little white


After dropping Y at the tram I decided to pause at Moorgreen Res. and capture some duck-shots for grandchildren, Bungus, and other afficianados. As soon as I took the lens-cap off there was a mass exodus. However, they didn't go very far, so I switched to my telephoto at full stretch and managed the next picture. They had only gone to visit their swan friends on the other side of the water. And there was me taking it personally!


My long lens gives me a lot of fun, as does the camera altogether. My little Casio is excellent but there is only a limited amount of messing-about that one can do with it. And I enjoy the messing about.

More follows later in the day. I got my pictures up which was main purpose etc.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly thought it was a potato field. No kidding, i tought you were joking!

Re the messing about:- As Sundance said, "You do what you're good at Butch ..." Me, I simply couldn't be arsed. But that's all part of life's rich and infinitely varied pattern, innit?

Anonymous said...

Off topic - just back from double-bill at cinema, The Queen and The History Boys. Queen exceeded my expectations, really enjoyed it, but SO disappointed with History boys, I felt there was really something nasty about it, and Richard Griffiths so repellent and repulsive. Some witty lines, but then I just felt it was AB being clever (and patronising) and I LIKE AB usually. And 'boys' - 25 if they were a day.....

Anonymous said...

A further thought:
The ducks on your pond look very white; are you sure they are not seagulls? On my pond today there were just 4 coots, 2 moorhens and 18 gulls.

You and Jill seem to agree with the critics about 'The History Boys'. It is either brilliantly good or pretty bloody awful!