Friday, June 01, 2007

Glorious June Day - Veritably Flaming

Having ended yesterday with 'evening light' through a rear window I felt I should begin today with 'morning light' through a front window.

It has been a beautiful day; no wonder poets have written ad infinitum about June. As promised I kept my 'carbon footprint' to a minimum. Can't claim zero because I have used a little electricity for radio, computer, and toast only, but no car usage.

And I suppose my camera used a millimillimillimilliamp which eventually will need to be recharged.

Picture 2, as you can see is , Love in the Mist or Nigella damascena and I can't quite make up my mind about it. It seems superficially to be the prettiest, daintiest little thing but when you look at it closely it becomes rather weird and spooky, as if something is crawling out of the centre to get you.

I suppose many flowers are abit like that though and my experience tells me that pretty, dainty little things can lead to disaster.

Many things have been ticked off my TBD list today. I've started researching London Trips for our National Trust group in 2008. Fastened back the big shrub-rose which was completely preventing the birds access to the bird bath. Sorted out loads of pictures and transferred them to my external hard-drive. Been on my forums a little. Finished the Telegraph Crossword, bar one clue, 15 across:- Supervise fool when entering wild area (7) So far I have *O**T*R.

Received my blood-book back and the level has stabilised to the extent I don't need another test until a week on Tuesday which I have enetered in diaries, on my phone etc.. I've also downloaded quite a few BBC programmes and transferred them to my MP3 player ready for our Weston super Mare trip which isn't far away. Not being a music buff I like to have plenty of 'talk' programmes stored just in case.

I may return to the blog later, but at the moment, due to neck-ache I need a lie down.

Have a good night everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - What a beautiful garden you have, both front and back.

Anonymous said...

Just after midnight.
Wild area MOOR
Fool NIT
Supervise MO-NIT-OR

Moor to follow tomoorow

Anonymous said...

Sat morning. Unrelated to blog.

Last night I watched Kirsty Wark interview Damien Hirst on ‘Newsnight Review Special’.
Hirst came over as down-to-earth, honest, unpretentious and likeable. But I was a little surprised at his openness about having over a hundred people working for him to do the things (eg, painting) that he is not very good at.
I know most top architects have always done it as a matter of course; and some authors, Andy Warhol, Old Masters, Bridget Riley, etc, but I still felt a little bit let down.
I also watched the start of Jools Holland’s ‘Later’. I always have subtitles on to pick up the lyrics.
I was completely unimpressed by The White Stripes, who are revered by some, and not too much taken by Kaiser Chiefs either.
Unfair to judge them on one number, of course, but it is hard to imagine them still getting significant air play in 45 years time (Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Beach Boys, Sinatra, Warhol, for instance). Perhaps it’s my age!

Anonymous said...

PS

Perhaps my 'Two Smarties on a Gravel Path' is a masterpiece after all?