Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Nottingham Trip - Dead Man's Chest

A real escapists' morning out in the big city. We decided to go and see The Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest. Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly and lots of other famous faces. Johnny Depp was fabulous and although one might not think so, he is in fact an extremely good actor. We saw him as J. M. Barrie in 'Finding Neverland' and were impressed. such a different role from Captain Jack Sparrow. Orlando Bloom was OK without being exceptional and Keira Knightly did a good 'pout'. She was actually very good as well as being beautiful, and again, such a different role from 'Pride and Prejudice'. I had a little difficulty following the story but, as one critic said "What story ?" A jolly good romp and scary in places. One scene made Y nearly jump out of her seat - it was like Magwitch appearing from behind the gravestone.

Finally weakening over the camera issue, I strode purposefully into Jessops and bought a Nikon D80 Digital SLR. I had to take the Paymaster General with me though, because I can never remember the PIN number for my Mastercard. So far I've taken the camera out of its packaging, charged the battery and tried to work out where everything is. It took me nearly 2 years to get to grips with my Casio Compact - I shudder to think how long this one will take. Be good fun though. A voyage of discovery. Pete knew the Elvis title and Y remembered it too. It was Just Can't help believin and the word wasn't dove it was glove.

The pictures at the top probably won't magnify well because they aren't many pixels and came from Google Images.

Better than nothing though......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the first time: when I tried to enlarge the pictures (because you said I couldn't) they became smaller. That was a little surprise but not of the magnitude of Magwitch in the David Lean film.
Scary film moments for me:
1)?? A British second feature (probably Hammer)when Mad Peter, played by John Laurie (Private Frazer, the Scottish undertaker from 'Dad's Army')leapt from a bush on the blasted heath.
2) PSYCHO when the knife wielding banshee appeared at the top of the stairs.
3) JAWS a) first appearance of the fish and b) the face at the underwater porthole
4) ALIEN The chest boster.

I look forward to seeing your new camera. Is it heavy and bulky?

Sorry, but I do not think I have ever heard a song called 'Just Can't Help Believin''