Friday, September 01, 2006

Doctor's - Tracy for Lunch

Back to a Brinsley sky for a change. This was taken on 'Caravan removal day' in between the periods of rain. Anyway, to today. I had to see my own Doctor this morning because I was told by the hospital to make an appointment. Dr. Latimer is so sensible and it was a relief to see her after my hospital experiences (which alarmed her). She said "You are more than capable of standing up for yourself. But lots of people or so vulnerable." This was when I told her the trouble I had had getting my heart-tablets and warfarin etc. She also supported my self-diagnosis, that if the pain goes away when I lie flat it is more likely to be muscular, or something to do with my back, than a kidney problem. Oh well - she insists I go back in a 2/3 weeks if I'm still suffering. After the Drs I had to have another blood-test zz...zzz...zzzz !

Tracy came for lunch. She likes to keep an eye on me (bless her) when Y is away. Needless to say her favourite lamb was served, together with mashed potatoes, broccoli, plus and I'm ashamed to admit it, some Asparagus spears that had travelled all the way from Peru, and mint-sauce and lashings of gravy. Still not enough though 'cos when she had seconds of mashed potato the gravy had all gone ! I think a personalised 1 litre jug is called for.

After lunch we had nice chatties and then I went back to Mansfield PCWorld, to sort out my mouse. Yesterday, it wasn't mentioned that while in PCWorld I bought a new one, because when I got home it wouldn't work. It now does. My trusty old mouse USB connector was in trouble. It had been bent during the fall. The scroll wheel was v. sloppy and the buttons imprecise and sometimes it seemed slow and to have a will of it's own. The new one (a Microsoft product) is excellent and much neater.

I had three of Bungus's tomatoes at breakfast time and there really is nothing to match homegrown for flavour. Just clouding over now but it has been a lovely day.

Still italicised. Going to have a serious go at it this evening.....................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I could do with a litre gravy jug too, I like my dinner in a pond/small lake.

What is wrong with italics anyway, I like them......

Anonymous said...

http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/ has a most interesting post on her blog today about men and allotments and gardens......

Anonymous said...

What a very dramatic sky. You really don’t need to live in Africa or other exotic places, do you. Someone we know is convinced that he has seen the aurora borealis in Ollerton (he was walking home from the Welly, mind you).

Your doctor is absolutely right, but not just about NHS matters. Whenever we have forms to fill in, Sandra and I always wonder how some other people manage. We consider ourselves to be reasonably intelligent, knowledgeable, confident and articulate people, so how do some other poor boggers cope, particularly the old and confused?
Aurora Borealis man, aged 70, is renewing his driving licence. To do this he needs his birth certificate (not a copy) which is OK, and also one of three forms proving his age (who would pretend to be 70 in order to renew a licence?). Being unable to find any of these stipulated documents, he phoned the DWP and two other official bodies but could not find anyone who had heard of the particular forms! No wonder the take up on benefits is less than it should be when you need a degree in order to apply.

At last you have taken a small step in the right direction, in that you didn’t serve Yorkshire Pudding with the lamb. We have a friend who drinks gravy like soup which makes me feel quite ill, as does just the thought of lamb gravy. Peruvian asparagus? Ridiculous! What is the world coming to?

Perhaps you should get yourself hospitalized again and let the NHS sort out your italics. An italicectomy sounds just the ticket – but I suppose you would run the risk of picking up a virus.