Thursday, April 19, 2007

Long Eaton - 12C - Coolwind - Camera Club

Ukltra short Blog today because I guess I've overdone things.

Picture 1 is another from John's mobile phone and shows their Camper and the view they wake up to. wow !

I nipped over to Long Eaton this afternoon and it was great to see everybody. When I spoke to Helen I asked if she would like some rhubarb and she said she would. So I pulled some and took it. I couldn't believe that in Morrisons this morning, they wanted £1.49p for a pack of three sticks and the label claimed the pack had been reduced from £1.99.

Our bed is now super-productive and it must be 3 years since Bungus brought me the original crown. On his advice we pulled nothing the first year, and sound advice it has proved.

The camera-club lecturer this evening was Ray Brammall from Doncaster and his work was superb. Lovely understated pastel-type colours and it would be difficult to fault a single print. A classic case of Mies Van de Rohe's dictum "Less is more".

Can't keep my eyes open. Sleep tight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A do like like something in the foreground of a landscape, but have to admit I’m not much into pictures of caravans. Nevertheless, I stand back amazed at the technology and the background scenery.
And if I had a van like that and was in that location I would take a photo.

Much as I enjoy, about twice a year, a bit of rhubarb & custard (had some a few days ago) or a crumble, I could never bring myself to BUY it (even at such a knockdown price).
I still have difficulty accepting that it is a vegetable (moreso than tomato a fruit).

Unfair I know, but who would expect quality from someone called Rammell?
I am all for understated colours, however! And Mies!
Looking at Giants in the Sky, I reckon no one else has achieved quite such simple perfection in a skyscraper. What a pity Peter Palumbo’s proposal (for a London ‘reproduction’) was turned down by the planners.
ي